Choosing a platform to market to your audience can be a scary beginning, but if you do the correct research, promote to the right people, and have the fundamentals down to a tee, reaching your business goals will be easier than you think.
While there are many content management systems on the market, one of the benefits of using Umbraco CMS is that it suits any type of business, whether you’re an eCommerce company or a service-based business.
However, if you’re going to use an Umbraco site to market your business online, you may require some assistance, and that is why today we’re going to run you through some reasons why you need an Umbraco developer to help you in your quest for success.
What is an Umbraco developer?
An Umbraco developer is a full-time tech professional who specialises in creating and maintaining high-quality websites using Umbraco, a popular CMS that fits you. Umbraco developers have skills in web design, coding, and CMS management. They use Umbraco to build and customise websites, allowing you to easily update and manage your content without any trouble.
This includes creating web pages, adding text and images, and ensuring a user-friendly experience for every person who lands on your website.
With Umbraco being an open-source platform, this is loved by developers and used by thousands around the world, as they can often work together to find the best solutions for their specific clients. Umbraco, in our opinion, also has the friendliest open-source community on this planet, a community that’s incredibly proactive, extremely talented, and helpful when sharing information.
What responsibilities do Umbraco developers have?
An Umbraco certified developer's responsibilities when working for clients, whether that be in the UK or even worldwide, would include building websites from scratch and ensuring that these websites stay functional for all consumers when they are clicked on, using all the tools that the Umbraco CMS has to offer.
These developers design the web pages that the client wants to target and ensure user-friendly navigation, along with creating visually appealing layouts. Not only that, but they will customise the site to match the client's brand and business needs, integrating brand colours, for example.
They collaborate with clients deeply to understand how they want their site to come across, solve any technical issues that are causing issues, and then provide Umbraco training for clients to manage their site's content effectively when all is said and done.
If the Umbraco developer doesn’t keep the website secure from potential hackers, optimise its performance for better views, and ensure it's responsive on different devices, then you’ve hired the wrong team.
If they’re a web developer with ambitions of keeping their clients happy, they will stay in the loop of learning the latest web development trends and technologies to provide modern and efficient websites.
One of the most important roles that requires no Umbraco skills, however, is providing clear communication, and the ability to meet deadlines is vital for successful client relationships.
Benefits of hiring an Umbraco developer for your business
Now that you have a deeper understanding of what it takes on a day-to-day basis to gain an Umbraco certification within this role, the possibility of hiring one for yourself may be on the cards if you’re thinking about using this content management system. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits and how this could help your business grow:
- Expertise: The highest-rated developers are all specialists in this CMS, ensuring your website is built and managed effectively, so you have no problems when you need help.
- Tailor-made: They can customise your website to your exact business needs and branding.
- User-friendly: Umbraco CMS is known for its ease of use, making it easier for you to manage your content after the developer you hired has finished.
- Responsive website: These Umbraco developers ensure your site looks great and functions well on various devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, and tablets, for example, to improve user experience.
- SEO: They don’t aimlessly write content; they provide the best SEO practices, allowing your site to be visible on Google search engines.
- Security: Umbraco developers keep your website secure, protecting it from potential threats with regular updates, data encryption, secure coding, and many more.
- Support: They provide ongoing support, so if you have any problems with the back end development or front end development of your website, they or the Umbraco community will be on hand to give you any advice or physical support.
- Cost-effective: Hiring can save you time and money in the long run, preventing costly mistakes and downtime that you would make if you tried this yourself.
- Business growth: A well-developed website made by a developer will attract more visitors, boost engagement, and help your business expand its online presence, rather than creating it yourself with no experience.
Should you hire an Umbraco developer?
If you’re a business owner who is looking to use Umbraco Cloud, Umbraco Heartcore, or any other Umbraco version, hiring a developer will be a great decision, especially if you have no experience building a website or using this platform as a whole.
With it being one of the most popular content management systems on the market, it is clear why people are using it, but in order to save time and money in the process of getting your products and/or services out to your target audience, using their skill set will be key.
If you know you need professional service and understand that your front and back end knowledge isn’t where it needs to be in this day and age, your website will most likely not perform well.
However, if you opt for an experienced and high-level developer, you will be able to focus on improving your products and services while the developer does all the technical work.
Fuelius receives positive feedback all the time from users looking to take advantage of this CMS and has been fortunate enough to help clients perform nationwide. Therefore, if you have a question, are looking for documentation, or need friendly advice, book a discovery call with us today, and we’ll do everything we can to help.